Recycling the once unrecyclable: A technology born in Akron is taking shape in rural Indiana -

2022-03-11 09:49:43 By : Ms. Lan Xu

The Brightmark Energy plant in Ashley, Indiana, will take plastics that might otherwise wind up in a landfill and convert them into fuels and wax.

ASHLEY, Indiana - Only 9% of plastic gets recycled. So, what happens to the other 91%?

Most of it goes into a landfill or winds up along a road, in a stream or perhaps the ocean.

Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your California Privacy Rights (User Agreement updated 1/1/21. Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement updated 5/1/2021).

© 2022 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us). The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.

Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.